Consider nominating a worthy candidate for the new Sabic Young Professional Award!
This award recognizes an individual who has contributed significantly to the field of particle technology within seven years of obtaining the last degree.
The awardee must satisfy the following criteria:
1. Outstanding and internationally recognized contributions in particle technology. Metrics will include:
(a) technical contribution to the field of particle technology, such as innovation, breakthrough research demonstrated through patents and publications, and
(b) service to the particle technology community by way of education, leadership, stewardship and collaboration with other disciplines of engineering and science.
2. Receipt of last degree within the past 7 calendar years
3. Age must be under 40 years at the time of nomination
The awardee is required to:
1. Deliver a presentation during the PTF Award Session at the AIChE Annual Meeting
2. Provide an article for the PTF Newsletter (maximum 2,000 words)
The nomination package must include:
1. A letter of nomination stating all significant contributions made by the nominee to the particle technology community
2. Three to five letters of support, with at least one from industry
3. A résumé of the nominee
4. A short citation for the award
The Young Professional Award will be a part of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) Particle Technology Forum (PTF) Awards, sponsored by the Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC). The award will include USD$1000 honorarium, plaque and two PTF dinner tickets, and it will be given annually at the PTF dinner event.
Deadline for Submission: June 14, 2015
Soft interfacial materials: from fundamentals to formulation
9:00 am on Monday 12 October 2015 — 5:00 pm on Tuesday 13 October 2015 at The Royal Society, London
This year another excellent slate of awardees was recognized at the PTF Banquet of AIChE's Annual Meeting in Atlanta. Congratulations to all the recipients!
George Klinzing Best PhD in Particle Technology Award: Asep Nandiyanto
Particle Technology Forum Award: Karl Jacob
Shell Global Solutions Thomas Baron Award: Jennifer Sinclair Curtis
Particulate Solid Research, Inc. (PSRI) Lectureship In Fluidization Award: Christine Hrenya
Particle Technology Forum Service Award: Christine Hrenya
June 28 - July 1, 2015
Crowne Plaza, Times Square Manhattan, New York, NY
Columbia University, New York, NY